THE ENTIRE HOF CEREMONY WILL BE HELD AT THE FIRST INTERMISSION OF THE GAME (not 3:30 as originally planned)
* FREE HALL OF FAME POSTER (FIRST 5,000 FANS)
Limited to 250 fans, details soon.
Some Hall of fame Inductees will sign autographs at the second intermission: Committed thus far: Mike Liut, Blaine Stoughton, Brian Leetch, Pat Verbeek
March 10 will be a memorable night in Connecticut Hockey history.
In the first intermission of the CT Whale vs. Norfolk AHL game, we will raise a banner to honor the 2012 Ct Hockey Hall of Fame class, which includes - Brian Leetch, Julie Chu, Blaine Stoughton, Mike Liut, Pat Verbeek, Ken Gernander and the late William Barnes.
Near the end of the second period of the game and through the second intermission, there will be a Hall of Fame autograph session available to just 250 fans.
Here are the key details:
* Limited availability -- just 250 autograph passes will be available.
* Autograph passes sold on a first-come, first-served basis
* Commemorative Hall of Fame Poster is the only item that can be signed. (The only only exception will be official commemorative jerseys that are auctioned that night.)
* Autographs by Brian Leetch, Blaine Stoughton, Mike Liut, Julie Chu, Pat Verbeek (all players included for one fee)
* Autograph fees: General Public: $20 -- Season Ticket Holders: $15
* Season Ticket holders may order via phone until March 10 (subject to availability). Call Sean West at 860-728-3366 -- option 1 on the phone menu. You can also e-mail Sean at email@example.com
* This offer will be made available to the general public on Monday, March 5 at 1:00.
* Pre-purchased autograph passes for season ticket holders can be picked up at the season ticket booth behind section 101.
* If available, autograph passes can be purchased at season ticket booth on March 9 or prior to second period on March 10.
* No photos
* A maximum of two passes.
In addition, to the banner raising ceremony and autograph session, there will be an amazing silent auction of CT Hockey Hall of Fame jerseys that night. Please below for full details.
* CLASSIC JERSEY SILENT AUCTION
In warm-ups, each CT Whale player will wear a commorative jersey celebrating the career of one of the inductees. For example, one player will wear a Stoughton NE Whalers jersey, one will wear a Stoughton Hartford Whalers jersey, one player will wear a Stoughton Nighthawks jersey, etc. All jerseys are authentic, hand-crafted and of the highest quality. Some jerseys will be auctioned in the arena on March 10 - and some will be auctioned online. Full details later this week.
Each Inductee will wear a jersey for the banner raising -- here are the jerseys the CT Whale will wear in the pre-game skate.
1. Liut '86 road
2. Liut '86 home
3. Liut '84 home
4. Liut '84 road
5. Verbeek '89 home
6. Verbeek '89 road
7. Verbeek '95 home ("C")
8. Verbeek '95 Road (C)
9. Stoughton '80 home
10. Stoughton '80 road
11. Stoughton '79 WHA home
12. Stoughton '79 wha road
13. Leetch AOF home
14. Leetch AOF road
15. Leetch Cheshire road
16. Chu (choate road)
17. Chu (US Olympic road 2010)
18. Gernander (wolf pack 2000 home) C
19. Gernander (wolf pack 2000 away C
20. Gernander (04-05)
21. Stoughton Nighthawks '85 #22
* CEREMONY IN FIRST INTERMISSION
Inductees will be honored on-ice with banner raising and video tributes.
Whalers Sports & Entertainment announced that the Connecticut Whale and the CT Hockey Hall of Fame will partner to hold a CT Hockey Hall of Fame night at the Whale’s home game at the XL Center Saturday, March 10 vs. the Norfolk Admirals.
That night will mark the enshrinement of a new class of 2012 inductees into the CT Hockey Hall of Fame, which has adopted eight members from the storied Hartford Whalers Hall of Fame. There will be a banner raising and the new inductees will also be recognized on the ice during the first intermission.
Fans can take home a special souvenir of the March 10 night, as 5,000 Hall of Fame posters will be given away, courtesy of SuperCuts.
Tickets to CT Hockey Hall of Fame Night, and all 2011-12 Whale home games, are on sale now at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, as well as on-line at www.ctwhale.com and through TicketMaster Charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000.
Save on your tickets, and get the best seats, with a ticket plan for the Whale’s 2011-12 AHL campaign, which are on sale now. For information on season seats and mini plans, visit www.ctwhale.com, or call the CT Whale ticket office at (860) 728-3366 to talk with an account executive today.